Every Breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I’ll be watching you
Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I’ll be watching you
This is the song that was playing when I walking into my luncheon one Friday. I was so excited because I thought I was gonna hob nob with some of the greatest criminal minds in the country, instead I found out that they have a sense of humor. It was to break the ice so that everyone felt comfortable. I have a new found respect for the law..LOL They even joked that they should show the movie “THERE’S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY”because everybody was stalking her. But this was no laughing matter. The luncheon was on STALKING on the Internet and in the workplace. They gave us all kinds of information that really made me think about 360 and now FACEBOOK. You hear people on here always talking about someone is watching me, I’m being stalked and 90% of the time it’s bat guano. They are just trying to get attention so people will actually come to their page. It’s that “I’m a victim” complex. But then there are those that are truly dealing with some basket cases. One of my dearest friends is going thru this very thing right now. So, for her and those of you that think you may be being stalked… here is some information that I learned.
The Definition of Stalking is:
- Repeated patterns of harassing behavior
- Intention to frighten, intimidate, or terrorize a particular victim
- Perpetrators can be men and women
Harassing Behavior can include:
- Lying in wait
- Non-consensual Communication
- Telephone Harassment
- USE OF THE COMPUTER TO HARASS AND/OR THREATEN AN INDIVIDUAL
Most stalking laws require that the perp make a CREDIBLE threat of violence against a victim or their families. Others require that a course of conduct engaged by a stalker constitute an implied threat.
80% of cases involving intimate partners usually start during the relationship without the victims knowledge but increases after the they leave the relationship.
You may be asking yourself what are the characteristics of a stalker. This is the part that scared me because I can see these in a few people I know that I thought might be CRAZY as hell but I just blew it off as being eccentric. Look at these:
- jealous and extremely possessive
- Blames others (UMMHM.. does that ALL the time)
- Unable to take no for an answer (Didn’t you hear me the 1st time)
- Sense of entitlement
- UNABLE TO COPE WITH REJECTION
- Dependant on victim for a sense of self (DELUSIONAL )
- NARCISSISTIC ( loves themselves & thinks everyone else should too)
- Views themselves as a VICTIM (whew! check yourself on that one lurker)
- Mood Swings ( PROZAC.. try some.. umm kay!)
- Deceptive (Inhale air..exhale a lie)
- NEEDS TO BE IN CONTROL(you don’t own me FOOL)
You can think its a game if you want to !!!
They say that most of the stalkers want to be a part of that person’s life soo bad that they can’t understand NO. Like I said before… Don’t love me that much.. I’m not that interesting, SERIOUSLY!!!.Ummm kay
So my question to all of you is.. have you ever been stalked?This blog is in no way to point fingers at some of the childishness that happens here but to keep you aware in general.. It goes beyond our little world here on FB… To some people this really is a way of life.. So be careful..
Love ya Family… Be safe..